Friday, January 29, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics



I would be considered part of the Millennials (or Generation Y) born between 1977 and 2000. They are considered to be very technology savvy by growing up in a world that is saturated with it. “One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.” (Marketing, an Introduction, 73) I am an avid user of technology, I use a computer every day, sometimes even for hours on end, I cannot remember a time that I have not been in proximity to a computer of some sort. This goes on to list technology such as cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks, and I have used and grown up with each of these things mentioned here . “According to another study, 77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging.” (Marketing, an Introduction, 73) I am not one to frequent most social media sites, though it wouldn’t be too difficult for me to wind up on it like most do. “Rather than having mass marketing messages pushed at them, they prefer to seek out information and engage in two-way brand conversations.” (Marketing, an Introduction, 73) I can relate to this in a few ways as well. Whenever I decide to buy just about any piece of technology, I find myself reading reviews and visiting various websites and forums for opinions and peoples experiences with the product I am looking up. I tend to be a bit more skeptical if I can’t find much on something or if what I am finding is negative, but if that is the case I can usually use these same resources to find a similar product or service that will do what I want without hassle. Technology has been a present and major part of my life and I have embraced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment